Expert Air Conditioning Installation & Repair
Serving Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, Andrews, & Big Lake, TX.
Living in the Midland and Odessa area, we need a break from the hot summer days. When you do come back inside, you want to feel the cool wave of air-conditioned air. If all you’re feeling is the same temperature outside, it’s time to check your air conditioning unit.
ONE WAY Heating and Air Conditioning specialize in air conditioning installation and repair for both residential and commercial properties. As our area’s reliable HVAC contractor, we will come and check on your system and properly repair your unit. If your air conditioner is in disrepair, we will give you a free estimate on a new system or replacement.
Do You Need New Air Conditioning Installation or Will Repair Work?
Figuring out whether you should repair or replace your air conditioner can be a daunting task. Replacing an air conditioner can be an expensive endeavor, so it's important to make absolutely sure that your old unit is on its last leg before you do so. In most circumstances, a repair can be possible, but at some point replacement becomes more financially prudent.
So when should you install a new air conditioner instead of repairing it?
1. If the Unit is More than 15 Years Old: A typical air conditioner has a 10-15 year lifespan. If your unit is acting up and it's at or older than that range, it might be more lucrative to opt for new air conditioner installation rather than repair. Remember, you're making an investment in your home: if your air conditioner is repaired only to act up again in a few months, it might be a more prudent choice to simply replace it.
2. If the Repair Cost is Too High: A good trick is to multiply the cost of your repair by the age of your existing unit in years. If the result is less than the cost of the new air conditioner you'd want to choose, then it is worth investing in a repair. If the result is more expensive, replacing the unit is worthwhile.
3. If Your Energy Bills Keep Rising: If your energy bills keep rising but your utility company hasn't raised rates, it might be a sign that your existing unit is struggling and should be replaced with a more efficient model.
4. If Your Current Unit is Struggling: Like all machines, air conditioners lose efficiency over time and will eventually need to be replaced. Part of this is due to normal wear and tear, but your current might not be equipped to handle the hotter temperatures of today. Installing a newer - or larger - unit might be a more cost-effective solution in the long run.
Signs You May Need Air Conditioning Repair
1. One of the obvious signs that your air conditioner needs repair is if it is not doing its job properly and is blowing warm air. While this may seem obvious, the cause may not. There could be one or many problems and only a professional air conditioning repair expert will be able to diagnose the problem.
2. Another sign is if the air is considerably colder in one room than another. This means that there is poor air flow and there could be an issue with your compressor. Uneven cooling can also lead to higher utility bills.
3. If you are experiencing strange smells coming from your air conditioner, the most common issue is that there is mold growing in your system and you may need a new filter. Contact our air conditioner team right away to assure the safety of your family.
4. One of the most important things to pay attention to is any leaks. If you notice that your air conditioner is leaking it could be something less serious like a broken drain tube but there is a possibility that it can be the refrigerant. Refrigerant leaks can be a danger to you and your family so air conditioning repair should be taken care of immediately.
At ONEWAY Heating and Air Conditioning, we will make sure that your home is cool when the blistering summer heat arrives. Whether you need your air conditioner repaired or you need an entirely new unit installed, we have you covered. We proudly supply and install Carrier air conditioning units to the people of Midland, Big Spring, Odessa, Andrews & Big Lake, TX. Call us today for more information!